Yesterday, I went to the Topeka Farmers Market downtown. It was the first time I have ever gone and it was an amazing experience! There were so many people, shopping for fruits and veggies. I felt healthy and "green" just being there. There was so much to see, hear, smell, taste- wow! Sensory overload!
I spent a total of $9.00 on food- 2 zucchini, 2 squash, 2 onions, 2 ears of corn, a big bag of new potatoes, a big bag of green beans, and two mini-loaves of bread (honey cornbread and apple cinnamon). I spend another $5.00 on a super cute key chain that has stars. What a deal!!! I will definitely be back!
I made a big pot of new potatoes and green beans (oh, my, God!!! YUMMY!). I totally pigged out on that at lunch, but it was all good because it was just veggies and Louisiana Hot Sauce. We had burritos for dinner. I read the label on the beans, and you know what, that stuff is actually low in fat and calories and loaded with good things. I did end the day with a small slice of carrot cake and vanilla ice cream. I peaked at the scale yesterday afternoon- I'm excited to share my progress. Tomorrow.
I didn't do my Michelle Obama arms routine the entire week. Not one single time. Oh well. There is always next week. No sense in beating myself up about it!
Meet Baby Kinsley Rae
-
Well, I decided since my maternity leave is about over, I better at least
get one post in to introduce our new addition. It has been nice staying
off of c...
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment