Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally got that exercise bike fixed...

I bought an exercise bike (a very nice one, I might add) off of Craigslist a few weeks ago. Much to my boyfriend's frustration, it has sat, basically untouched in our living room of our tiny apartment. My problem with this lovely exercise bike was that it was soooo hard to pedal. I even made it one of my goals to ride the thing for an entire 7 minutes. But I couldn't even do that once.

I was thinking about this last week and I deicded that no manufaturer would make a bike that hard to pedal on level one. Maybe something isn't connected right inside and that's why it won't get any eaiser than "3 feet of wet concrete", I thought. Last night, I decided to take the thing apart (my sweetie couldn't help but jump in) and try to figure it out.

Bingo! The tension wouldn't release from a level 10 (to give you some perspective- 13 is the max). We did some creative manuvoring with some match sticks and needle nose pliers. It is now the perfect level of tension (nevermind the fact that I can't increase the tension with the flick of switch anymore-oops). I'm thrilled!

I exercised on my bike for 20 minutes last night and then I got up early this morning and did it for 15 minutes. I plan to work out for 25 minutes tonight. I want to work up to at least one hour a day. Exercising will really help me loose weight more quickly.

1 comment:

  1. It is happy to see your posting. Yes really informative article, oh yeah I suggest you to check my blog on www.101exercisebike.blogspot.com , I hope the article on my blog will be usefull for you… and we can share each other. thank you… ;-)

    ReplyDelete